Philly Consulate Keeping On Top of It

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
1 post • Page 1 of 1

Philly Consulate Keeping On Top of It

Postby jennabet » 03 Aug 2013, 15:24

We just received an email from IPS Philly reminding us of my sibling's upcoming piggyback appointment and noticed the email was sent to a list of 64 applicants. That's a whole lot of citizenship applications. To think that there was a rumor going around (which started on another website) about the Philly Consulate closing is just ludicrous. I'm also happy to see that so many Italian-Americans from the Delaware Valley tri-state area are applying and that at least the Philly Consulate is keeping up with the demand. There are so many Italians around the world qualified to come back to Italy that we really don't need non-Italian immigrants in Italy. I hope talked about changes to the citizenship laws never happen and at this point, feel confident along with most Italians, particularly those living in Italy, that they wont.
jennabet
Master
Master

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship