Umberto Vanacore

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Jeanette Bergoff

Umberto Vanacore

Post by Jeanette Bergoff »

My husband's grandfather was Umberto Vanacore. He left Italy in mid/late 1800's and travelled to South Africa. He settled in the Cape Province.

We do not know why he left Italy or if he was married and brought his wife with him.

His daughter was Conchetta Magdaleen/Madeleen Vanacore born 1900 and died 6 June 1967 in Durban Natal.

We have absolutely no idea where he was born and where he lived in Italy. Someone in the family mentioned Turin or Genoa or Naples.

Can anyone assist me. I am a beginner at researching family and would really appreciate any assistance.

Thanks and Kind regards
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Umberto Vanacore

Post by Tessa78 »

Jeanette Bergoff wrote:My husband's grandfather was Umberto Vanacore. He left Italy in mid/late 1800's and travelled to South Africa. He settled in the Cape Province.

We do not know why he left Italy or if he was married and brought his wife with him.

His daughter was Conchetta Magdaleen/Madeleen Vanacore born 1900 and died 6 June 1967 in Durban Natal.

We have absolutely no idea where he was born and where he lived in Italy. Someone in the family mentioned Turin or Genoa or Naples.

Can anyone assist me. I am a beginner at researching family and would really appreciate any assistance.

Thanks and Kind regards
As you can see from this Surname Distribution Map... the surname VANACORE has a high concentration in the Campania Region - Province of Napoli :-)

http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... p99cSdi3pc

Do you have an approximate year of birth for Umberto? Was his daughter Concetta born in Durban Natal? Or was that just her place of death? Did she marry in South Africa?
Do you know if Umberto died in South Africa or Italy? AND an approx. year of death?

T.
Jeanette Bergoff

Post by Jeanette Bergoff »

Hi T Apologies for the delay in responding. His name was Pasquale Vanacore not UMBERTO and he passed away on 29 September 1934 in Cape Town. He was a widower and no name of his deceased wife mentioned. We don't know where Conchetta/Constance Vanacore was born and who her mother was. I am trying to find her South African ID no in order to obtain her FULL birth Certificate here but again, frustratingly, her surviving children don't know anything. So I am trying the cemetery where she was buried and the hospital in Durban, Natal where she passed away to see if they have an ID no for her. Thanks for your assistance. Jeanette
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi by this message Conchetta ( Concetta in italian spelling) was born in 1910...:

Conchetta Magdalena Bergoff (Vanacore)
Place of Burial: Berea, Durban Metro, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Birth: March 29, 1910
Birthplace: UNKNOWN
Lived in Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Death: June 6, 1967 (57)
Durban, Durban Metro, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa (Cancer)
Immediate Family:
Daughter of Umberto Vanacore
Wife of Chester Arthur Bergoff, snr
http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.cuo ... .1/mb.ashx
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH