Need help calling my commune in Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Need help calling my commune in Italy

Postby stephmarz » 13 Jan 2014, 17:53

Hello,

I am currently waiting for my Italian Citizenship from the commune of Moro D'oro. They responded to one email stating that they had received my paperwork on the 21st of November.

Though I am American, I have been living in the UK for the past 3 years, and need the Italian Citizenship in order to become a European citizen. Therefore, I need it asap.

I have emailed them numerous times - stating that I would like the citizenship as soon as possible due to work, but haven't had a response. I have a flight to return to Europe on the 11th of February, and would need my citizenship papers before that date.

Though I have been emailing them in Italian (I have a friend who translates for me)- I cannot speak the language myself.
Would someone be able to call the commune of Moro D'oro for me, asking about the process?

I know this is a lot to ask from a stranger, therefore I would be willing to pay you for your time.

If anyone is interested, I have the contact details for the commune.

Thanks in advance,

Steph
stephmarz

Re: Need help calling my commune in Italy

Postby Italysearcher » 15 Jan 2014, 18:31

I called the town and they are working on registering all the births, marriages and deaths in your family line before they can give your your documents. There are a lot of documents to be cross-checked and they have to do this in their spare time. It is not a priority however they hope to have it done for you by the end of January.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Need help calling my commune in Italy

Postby jennabet » 15 Jan 2014, 20:14

Everyone should keep in mind that it's never a priority with the Italian Comuni unless you are intending to relocate to that Comune or at least to some other Comune in Italy. Italy is really not in the business of handing out Italian passports to people who want it so they can live and work in some other EU country, thereby contributing to that country's economy and not Italys.
jennabet
Master
Master

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship