Need some help! Kind of confused!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Need some help! Kind of confused!

Postby marguelena » 05 Mar 2014, 19:37

Hi!,

For the past two years, I have been working on getting my Italian citizenship to no avail. The agent at the Philadelphia consulate said, "Oh, you can mail the last document you need." Bullshit. Don't ever mail anything ever!

So... basically... I was almost done and now I need to get new documents again! I have a scanned copy of my great grandfather's birth certificate but Argentina won't accept it as an original copy!

Last time, I asked an old roommate who was in Italy at the moment to get me a copy of my great grandfather's birth certificate, but I don't have those means available to me again.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to do it for the Pordenone Comune.
Do I use this http://photos.state.gov/libraries/italy/217417/pdf/certificato-nascita.pdf?

I've never done it this way. I am so confused! Any help would be great!
marguelena

Re: Need some help! Kind of confused!

Postby suanj » 06 Mar 2014, 16:47

you can use the form;
you fill the first part with your data;
you can add ( It is better because you must to specify what is the use of your ancestor birth certificate) below of "Chiede (Requests)": a fini richiesta cittadinanza italiana per jus sanguinis"
you will write "the number of copies of" ( 1 or 2);
you will check the box " Modello plurilingue (Multilingual form) "
you will check "Estratto dell’atto di nascita con generalità complete " and you fill it with the data of your ancestor;
you complete the form with date and your signature; you will add the photocopy of your Id card
you put all in a envelope and to write the right office and right address ...

hoping helpful,
regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby marguelena » 06 Mar 2014, 19:02

Thank you kindly for your answer! I figured that out when I called down ofmy frustrations! Though I greatly appreciate your assistance.

But now I'm figuring do I need to pay for it? I'm not sure quite how much.... nor am I finding a place to put it.... And then... if I am to pay them, do I use a money order? Or something.... , I'd just put 200$ and say DO IT FOR ME OKAY! I found that an electronic copy costs 16 euros but no where does it say the price of the birth certificate, does that mean it doesn't cost anything? Lol

Oh man... I did everything with Argentina by myself... Italy is not easy in comparison!
marguelena

Postby alvyarin » 07 Mar 2014, 02:43

When pursuing my own citizenship, because I was so clueless about navigating the Italian government system, I used http://www.myitalianfamily.com/ to obtain my grandfather's birth certificate. They do this regularly for people who are trying to obtain citizenship, so they know what form of birth certificate they need to get for you. I found this easier than trying to figure it out myself.

My sister, brother and I got our citizenship and passports in 2012. =) Good luck! It is a long process but worth it. We took all of our original documents to our consulate (Texas) in person.
alvyarin

Postby marguelena » 07 Mar 2014, 05:36

Thanks guys!!!
Were myitslianfamily quick about it? I saw them and just was confused on how long it would take!
I was a little apprehensive about using them and thought they were a scam.

And then. If I wanted to do it myself, how much do these certificates generally cost? How do I even send the money...
marguelena

Postby alvyarin » 07 Mar 2014, 19:41

I looked back at my records. I placed the order on 8/16/10 and had a scan of the birth certificate in my email on 10/25/10. So it took a bit of time, but they did find it and shipped it to me! I do think some of those websites are scams, but they were very helpful after another website (myitaliancitizenship.com) sent me the wrong birth certificate TWICE and then wouldn't refund me.

Good luck! I don't know the answer about payment if you do it yourself. If you go through myitalianfamily, what you pay them takes care of all of the fees. It was $45 for me.

-a
alvyarin

Postby marguelena » 07 Mar 2014, 20:05

Did you have any of the atta? I have a scan of the document. I'm going to email them and figure out what they offer.
marguelena

Postby alvyarin » 08 Mar 2014, 00:09

So sorry but what do you mean by "atta" ? The only information I was able to provide them was that which I found on my grandfather's Ellis Island ship manifest -- so his name, his mother's name, his father's name, his birth place and an approximate birth date (I actually did not know the date for sure). Hope that helps, but if you were asking about something else, let me know!
alvyarin

Postby marguelena » 08 Mar 2014, 00:45

MMM no that more or less answers my question! thanks!!!
marguelena

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship