Looking to obtain birth certificates from Ardore

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Looking to obtain birth certificates from Ardore

Postby Anthony_L » 03 Apr 2014, 09:10

Hi, I'm an Australian currently in the painful process of obtaining all the necessary certificates for citizenship (applying under right of blood, through my Nonno on Mother's side) The hardest of which would be my grandparent's birth certificates, and a time certificate for when my Nonno became a citizen.

I'm actually going to be visiting Ardore in June, where they were both born. I figured I could just go there, to the commune and apply for their birth certificates. Just wondering is that possible? What documents would I need to bring? and what is the place called that I actually have to go?

also, any ideas on how to obtain my Nonno's time certificate? the story is that he revisited Italy in the 70's with his family (my mother included) while he was still an Italian citizen. At the airport they were going to force him into conscription, so became an Australian citizen there and then, along with my Nonna. I'm really not sure where to begin looking! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Anthony_L

Re: Looking to obtain birth certificates from Ardore

Postby pink67 » 05 Apr 2014, 09:21

Have you tried to search here:

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/search/index.aspx

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship