No Response. Out of ideas. Suggestions?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jlv03

No Response. Out of ideas. Suggestions?

Postby jlv03 » 16 Jul 2014, 23:25

Hi everyone,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. Back in February I was preparing to send a snail mail letter requesting my great grandparents birth certificates from their hometown in Italy when I discovered that the towns website had improved greatly in the last few years and now they had email address listed. I've requested other documents and received responses from this town in the past (several years ago), but it has always been a slow process, so I figured email was worth a shot. Anyway, I emailed my request to several of the addresses listed, only to have all of them immediately bounce back as undeliverable. Having already come this far I figured it wouldn't hurt to try the one address I thought might be helpful but had left off the first email, the one for the Sindaco. I was incredibly shocked and excited when the email not only went through, but 3 days later I received a response! He said he would pass my request to the appropriate people and hopefully they would be able to take care of it in the shortest time possible.

Since then nothing. I waited almost 5 months and then emailed him again with a follow up letter similar to this one, http://www.circolocalabrese.org/genealogy/italian-form-letters/stato-civile_followup-letter-after-no-response.asp, and in the 3 weeks since I haven't heard a thing.

Clearly he receives and checks his email, so am I just being ignored? I know that patience is the name of the game here, but I'm frustrated and I don't know what options I have left. I know I could try and call them, but there's no way my Italian is good enough to communicate what it is I need, and as much as I would love to jump on a plane and collect the documents myself the cost completely eliminates that option just like it does with the idea of hiring an Italian lawyer. Anyone out there have any suggestions or guidance as to what my next step should be? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: No Response. Out of ideas. Suggestions?

Postby PeterTimber » 20 Aug 2014, 08:00

Write to http://www.gentracer.com/newsletter.html and ask if she can assist you in some way.
~Peter~

weixiehong
Rookie
Rookie

Re: No Response. Out of ideas. Suggestions?

Postby weixiehong » 20 Aug 2014, 09:32

I sent you a private message that might be able to help

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”