Contacting the Comune! Questions...

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Contacting the Comune! Questions...

Postby marguelena » 24 Jul 2014, 04:28

So I traveled from Baltimore to Philadelphia to find that my agent emailed my application for citizenship.... In January. They said I needed to speak to the Comune to ask them if they registered me but I don't speak italian.... I am not quite sure what I should do... Should I call them, fax them, or mail them? Does anyone know anything that could help me? I am at a super lost... Any help will be super appreciated. I would love the fastest way because I would love to have my passport before November :(. Thank yoooooou
marguelena

Re: Contacting the Comune! Questions...

Postby jennabet » 24 Jul 2014, 09:50

I would try doing all three -- call, fax and mail. Just speak or write in English; it's my experience that there is always someone available to commune staff who does speak a little English. However, as it is now the last week in July, staff may be limited as the August Ferragosto vacation time period has already begun. It's possible you may not get an answer until September but try anyway. Yes, Philly does seem not to notify applicants when they have been recognized. I used the Philly consulate way back in 2001 and it informed me that once the documents were sent to Rome, it was no longer in their hands and would be up to me to follow up, which I did and then learned I could apply for my passport.
jennabet
Master
Master

Postby carubia » 25 Jul 2014, 05:50

There are templates on the Italian Citizenship Message Board for requesting things from your comune (in Italian, of course). There also is a form on the Chicago consulate's website for this as well.

http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.or ... s-f14.html
carubia
Elite
Elite

Postby jennabet » 25 Jul 2014, 10:16

You can still speak and write in English when dealing with the Italian communes. Many Italians know some English; they're just a little shy about using it.
jennabet
Master
Master

Postby marguelena » 27 Jul 2014, 05:13

Thanks for the help guys :)
What form is the one in From the Chicago consulate? I need to ask the commune to register me and give me the paper to get my passport. The form given is asking for an update... Which isn't what I need ... Lolol so that form wouldn't help me too much. I have my file number given from the consulate in Philadelphia (its different than the number i use for the consulate in the us) and the agent told me I need to tell them that number to register me.... So its a little confusing. I suppose? Idk....
marguelena

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship