Annuciata Foundling Home/Hospital c. 1883

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
DIAMOND925

Annuciata Foundling Home/Hospital c. 1883

Postby DIAMOND925 » 04 Aug 2014, 20:48

My grandfather was born in 1883 to parents unknown and I believe in the Naples area ... he talked about the Annunciata Founding Hospital and that is where he believed he was born and/or left and given the name Donato Garofola (when he came to the US (Newark, NJ) coming through Ellis Island his name Garofola was changed to Carofola ... I know he also had a foster sister named Marie who married my Grandmother's brother, whose last name was Cicalese, and they lived in Nocera, Italy ... would love to find out any information about his birth, foster mother, sister and any family ... my grandfather died in Newark NJ in 1973 at the age of 90. Also any Cicalese family ... anyone on this website.

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Annuciata Foundling Home/Hospital c. 1883

Postby erudita74 » 21 Aug 2014, 19:39

DIAMOND925 wrote:My grandfather was born in 1883 to parents unknown and I believe in the Naples area ... he talked about the Annunciata Founding Hospital and that is where he believed he was born and/or left and given the name Donato Garofola (when he came to the US (Newark, NJ) coming through Ellis Island his name Garofola was changed to Carofola ... I know he also had a foster sister named Marie who married my Grandmother's brother, whose last name was Cicalese, and they lived in Nocera, Italy ... would love to find out any information about his birth, foster mother, sister and any family ... my grandfather died in Newark NJ in 1973 at the age of 90. Also any Cicalese family ... anyone on this website.

In case you're interested in some background info on the foundling hospital-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santissima ... re,_Naples

Erudita

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Annuciata Foundling Home/Hospital c. 1883

Postby PeterTimber » 25 Aug 2014, 01:03

Erudita why do you duplicate the initial inquiry?? its very distracting and disturbing since you swallow space for no reason?
~Peter~

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”