Did SF consultate change requirements?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jmb44
Rookie
Rookie

Did SF consultate change requirements?

Postby jmb44 » 30 Dec 2014, 18:12

when I began collecting documents for dual citizenship the Italian Consulate in San Francisco had a very clear list of required documents on their website. Now I notice that the website instruction are more general and vague in regard to documents. For example, previously it made clear that the only documents which needed to be translated and apostillized were those pertaining specifically to the applicant - birth certificate, marriage, childrens bith certificates, etc, and not necessary for others in the line of descent. Has anyone had any experience with the SF consulted since the new website instructions went up? ( this fall)

jmb44
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Did SF consultate change requirements?

Postby jmb44 » 02 Jan 2015, 17:10

I'm going to reply to my own question here. Yes the SF consulate changed what documents they require. They are now more in line with other Italian consulates. They no longer require birth or death certificates from not in line of descent spouses. However now they require all birth, marriage or death certificates from the line of descent to have apostiles and translations. Previously they only required this for the applicant. They are other changes as well, so if you are looking to get citizenship through the SF consulate, take another look at there website.

If anyone has had recent experience with the SF consulate, please post what you learned.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”