Death certificate - Bagatin

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Death certificate - Bagatin

Postby vhansen » 09 Jul 2005, 18:57

Hello,

I still trying to find the city were my great grand father Giacomo Bagatin was born, and Id like know if his Death Certificate can be used instead of his Atto de Nascita.

Thanks

Vitoria
Maria Vitoria Bernardo Hansen
Jacareí-SP-Brasil

www.lawvic.com/genealbagatin
vhansen

Re: Death certificate - Bagatin

Postby VaDeb » 09 Jul 2005, 20:05

It would depend of where the death occured and what government issued the death certificate.

Deaths in the USA are issued by the state where the death occured. What information depends on the state and the year.

If he died in Italy, from the death records I have seen, chances are very good his place of birth will be listed. But, the accuracy will depend on the person providing the information.

Debbie
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Death certificate - Bagatin

Postby vhansen » 07 Aug 2005, 15:34

Hi Debbie,

I already have his death certificate but it does not have the place, only that he came from Italy.

I found out that he could have born in Castelfranco Veneto Treviso but not the city. I wrote many letters and email, but they did not answer me.
Thanks
Maria Vitoria Bernardo Hansen
Jacareí-SP-Brasil

www.lawvic.com/genealbagatin
vhansen

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship