Birth records for Comune di Zara and Comune di Chieti

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
search4drasevich

Birth records for Comune di Zara and Comune di Chieti

Postby search4drasevich » 26 Feb 2015, 03:34

Hi everyone,

I am on a seemingly endless search (!) to locate the birth records of my grandparents.

My grandfather was born in the comune of Zara in 1920 when it was part of Italy (it is now known as Zadar in Croatia and has a minority population of 'Dalmatian Italians'.

I am not sure where my grandmother was born but she was born in 1924 and my grandparents married in comune of Chieti in 1945.

For my grandparents marriage certificate I have written to the anagrafe in Chieti though I have not yet heard back. However I am unsure of how to obtain the birth records for my grandfather because of the fact that Zara used to be Italian and is now Croatian. Has anyone got experience and/or advice in locating records from Croatia relating to this time period?

Many thanks!

monke
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Birth records for Comune di Zara and Comune di Chieti

Postby monke » 21 Mar 2015, 16:34

I send you personal message :-)
I'm researching family history and family tree in Croatia, Dalmatia, Istria - Contact me on personal message or

https://croatianancestry.wordpress.com/

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”