Passport appointment July, 2015!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jbp1966
Rookie
Rookie

Passport appointment July, 2015!

Post by jbp1966 »

It's been awhile since I have been active on this site, but I wanted to share that I have an appointment with the Italian Consulate in Houston. I started this process around this time, 2009, and it has been frustrating as anything I've ever encountered, but worth the hassle and delays. The biggest source of delay(s) was dealing with the USCIS office. Literally years passed without any movement or communication with me or my father (since it was his records we needed, he had to do most of the legwork). Eventually he wrote a letter to his senator requesting assistance in finding out what was causing the delay. About a month after contacting his senator, he received the documents (needed a copy of his Certificate of Naturalization) and forwarded them on to the Italian Consulate in Houston. About a month later (yesterday) I made an appointment with the Consulate on their website for 30 July at noon for my passport.

Just thought I'd share another success story. Now I need to dig up all of those old employment contacts I gathered when I thought this process would take 9-12 months to complete!
longjourney2015

Re: Passport appointment July, 2015!

Post by longjourney2015 »

Hi, glad to hear everything has worked out for you. I am waiting now on one document also, the copy of my GGF certificate of naturalization, when I requested the information I told them that I could even have a one page document with my GGF name and the date of his naturalization, that's it! But USCIS is a mess, and I have to wait 90 before anything can start to be done. Do you think I should go to my senator also? Thanks for your update.
DanceDiva234
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DanceDiva234 »

I'm glad to hear of your success! I was thinking about going into the process. Although, my grandparents and parents are still alive so they would need to get their own birth, death, and marriage certificates if I want to get anywhere. Tell me what it's like when you do finally get it all settled and have your passport. That is very exciting!
Family names: D'Attellis, Angelicola, Iarezza, Messineo, La Monica, Spero, Angelini
jbp1966
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jbp1966 »

It is done. Passport appointment was yesterday (30/07/15) and it was a success. I'm now an Italian / EU Passport holder.