AFASANO

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
JMasulli

AFASANO

Postby JMasulli » 28 Aug 2005, 19:46

Trying to find out if my grandfather possibly came to the US via Boston vs. Ellis Island. He arrived in 1921 from Castlamare de Stabia. His name is Catello Afasano. A thorough search of the Ellis Island records revealed nothing about him. Can anyone suggest how I can find the manifests of ships arriving in Boston? Thank you very much!!!!!!!

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: AFASANO

Postby suanj » 28 Aug 2005, 21:18

Hi:

CATELLO AFASANO
Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 04 MAR 1883 , Napoli, Italy

Christening:
Death: 10 JUN 1958

Burial:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: VINCENZO AFASANO Family
Mother: MADDALINA AUDITORE
-----------------------------------------------
Marriages:
Spouse: JOSEPHINE CARMELA PAPPALARDO Family
Marriage: < 1912> <Castella De Mara, , Napoli, Italy> (Castellammare di Stabia/Napoli)
----------------------------------
-Catello AFASANO SHIP'S MANIFEST:

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0854%2ETIF

-Carmela AFASANO nee PAPPALARDO ship's manifest :
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0805%2ETIF
in this ship's manifest of Carmela Pappalardo , the husband surname is listed as FASANO ....

--------------------------------regards, suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

CELESTINA

Re: AFASANO

Postby CELESTINA » 29 Aug 2006, 18:55

HI,

I JUST CAME ACROSS THIS SITE BY DOING A SEARCH OF MY LAST NAME, I NOTICED A PREVIOUS SEARCH OF CATELLO AFASANO, I DONT KNOW OF HIM BUT MY FAMILY CAME TO NY FROM CASTELLA MARE DI STABIA NAPOLI ITALY, MY FATHERS NAME WAS UGO AFASANO BORN TO CELESTE AND LEONE AFASANO IN 1929, HE ALSO HAD TWO BROTHERS THAT CURRENTLY LIVE IN NY AND TWO SITERS THAT LIVE IN ITALY. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A CONNECTION WITH BOTH FAMILIES... THANK YOU!!!

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”