Looking for info on my great-grandparents

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Eileen

Looking for info on my great-grandparents

Postby Eileen » 26 Aug 2015, 03:40

I would really appreciate any help with this. My great-grandfather was John Marchetti (born 1878? In Tyrol, Austria) and came to the U.S. In 1899. His wife was Irene Pretti (born 1889? In Tyrol, Austria) and came to the U.S. In 1893. I have only found this information in the 1910 census and don't know where to turn for more answers. Thanks.

PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Looking for info on my great-grandparents

Postby PippoM » 26 Aug 2015, 09:40

Hello!
Can you post the documents in which you got this info?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

Eileen

Re: Looking for info on my great-grandparents

Postby Eileen » 27 Aug 2015, 17:43

It was the 1910 U.S. Census that I found on ancestry.com; I searched for my great-grandfather's name. Of course, the spelling was not exact, but it listed his wife and my grandfather's name and age. I have also found a death certificate that I believe is his. I also think he may have had a sister named Clara as I found a niece listed on that page as well. There are many unknowns here as both of my great-grandparents died by the time my grandfather was 5. I will try and post the documents that I have found.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”