Need proof of lack of US citizenship

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Nicolas

Need proof of lack of US citizenship

Postby Nicolas » 04 Oct 2015, 20:55

Hello,
BACKGROUND: My wife is applying for Italian citizenship in Argentina (we are Argentine and currently live here). Two of our children were born in the US and are also American. NEED: The consulate in Argentina is requesting a proof that MY WIFE did not acquire American citizenship while living there.
QUESTIONS: Do you know what document would prove that?
We were told that we need to get a Certificate of No Record Found at USCIS. Would that be through form G-1041? My wife is alive and that form seems to be for the deceased (it request a proof of death). Any thoughts? What form would she need?
Also, read on a different thread that - if G-1041 is the form to use - once you get the letter saying that no record was found, that letter has to be certified with USCIS to be able to have it apostilled? Can those 2 steps be done in parallel to save time? Please recommend best way to proceed to make it more efficient.
THANKS!

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”