Birth Certificate Errors and Letter to Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Adonai0506

Birth Certificate Errors and Letter to Italy

Postby Adonai0506 » 29 Nov 2015, 00:07

Hello,

I am a new member and have been researching for 6 months now for Italian Dual Citizenship for myself and my two adult children. I am eligible and have already gotten my grandfather's immigration papers.

My 1st question: My father's birth certificate from Brooklyn NY shows incorrect spelling of his last name plus of course his parents, as well as, his date of birth is incorrect by 2 days. I was told by NY vital records that the date of birth can be corrected once I get my father's long form marriage certificate which is suppose to show his birth date on it and at the same time, show them my grandparents birth and marriage records to correct the spelling in the last name. (I have just gotten their records from microfilm) So the question is: how does this prove that by showing my grandparents birth and marriage certificate that they are truly the parents of my father. The last name spelled correctly is "Tuccillo" , but on my father's birth certificate it shows: "Tucirle". It's off by a grand slide. (Yes, it does show the first names of my grandparents correctly on his birth certificate) Is this going to work?????

If you agree then I guess I can ask my next question: I don't want to spend money on a genealogist to get the vital records in Afragola, Italy for my grandparents. Will I get the same service (turnaround time) if I prepare letter etc and mail to Italy? If so, do you have any good sites for me to make sure I do everything correctly with preparing the letter etc.
Thank you for everyone's time.
Dee

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Birth Certificate Errors and Letter to Italy

Postby adelfio » 30 Nov 2015, 18:45

Welcome to IG website

E-mail: statocivile@comune.afragola.na.it
UFFICIO ANAGRAFE E STATO CIVILE
Piazza Municipio ,1
80021 Afragola (NA)
Italy
OGGETTO: richiesta copia integrale dell'atto di nascita di (name of person birth record you are requesting) per la cittadinanza italiana

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

Il mio nome e` [ your name]. Sono un cittadino americano discendente da Italiani e sto cercando di ottenere anche la cittadinanza italiana. I miei antenati provennero da Afragola.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per copia integrale dell' atto di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome: Name of person
Nome e cognome del padre: Father
Nome e cognome della madre: Mother
Data di nascita: Date of birth
Luogo di nascita: Afragola
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Adonai0506

Re: Birth Certificate Errors and Letter to Italy

Postby Adonai0506 » 04 Dec 2015, 08:01

Thank you Adelfio

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”