Locating naturalization papers - Nicola Mori/Nicholas Morey

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
nms

Locating naturalization papers - Nicola Mori/Nicholas Morey

Postby nms » 08 Dec 2015, 04:36

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out how to locate the naturalization papers for Nicole Mori/Nicholas Morey. He immigrated in 1905 through Ellis Island in 1905. I'm not sure where he is in the 1910 census, but in the 1920 census he's in W. Va. and listed as naturalized. I can't make out what's in the year column, though - not even sure what's written is a year.

I've searched on ancestry.com but haven't had any luck finding information to lead me to his naturalization papers. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

James
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Locating naturalization papers - Nicola Mori/Nicholas Morey

Postby James » 10 Dec 2015, 08:26

nms wrote:Hi!

I'm trying to figure out how to locate the naturalization papers for Nicole Mori/Nicholas Morey. He immigrated in 1905 through Ellis Island in 1905. I'm not sure where he is in the 1910 census, but in the 1920 census he's in W. Va. and listed as naturalized. I can't make out what's in the year column, though - not even sure what's written is a year.

I've searched on ancestry.com but haven't had any luck finding information to lead me to his naturalization papers. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Do you know any time periods/locations for any other significant events in his life? Naturalization is a multiple step process so he would have done it somewhere he was living for an extended period of time. From my experience naturalization would have happened within the first four years or so of him being here. So the question becomes what happened from 1905-1910.

Do you know the maiden name of his wife Sophia A?
James
http://www.yourfamilybible.com
Professional Genealogy Services

nms

Re: Found naturalization papers - Nicola Mori/Nicholas Morey

Postby nms » 13 Dec 2015, 02:04

Hi!

I was able to find the naturalization papers! He was naturalized in 1916 in W. VA. Thanks again, though, for your reply!

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”