Names slightly different on GGF birth cert

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

Names slightly different on GGF birth cert

Postby scv_1983 » 12 Jan 2016, 03:20

Greetings everyone!

I'm in the process of collecting all the documents pertaining to my Great-Great-Grandfather from Italy for application to the consulate here in Los Angeles. I just received my Great-Grandfather's birth certificate from New York City and I noticed two things:

1: My Great-Grandfather always went by James. However, his birth certificate lists "Jimmie" as his birth name.
2: My Great-Great-Grandfather's first name was Croce, but it looks like they wrote his name down as "Craci". My Great-great-grandmother's name is correct however.

It's certainly the correct form information but I wanted to know if this might cause me a bit of a headache when I submit the documents later on. I haven't received Marriage/Death certs yet so I don't know how his name will officially appear on those, but I have a feeling it will be "James".

Any help is certainly appreciated!

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”