US Immigration Ports

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
DeniseMancuso

US Immigration Ports

Postby DeniseMancuso » 05 May 2016, 02:27

Hello,

My grandfather immigrated from Tiriolo, Italy sometime between 1914-1916 but he did not come through Ellis Island. My dad tells me he thinks that my grandfather came through a port in New Jersey. But I can't find any records anywhere. It's as if he doesn't exist. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any popular ports during that time that he might have passed through?

Thank you in advance!
Denise

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: US Immigration Ports

Postby Tessa78 » 10 May 2016, 01:31

Ports of immigration include Philadelphia, Baltimore and Boston, among others.

If you provide us with his name, date of birth and approximate year of arrival (and any other details such as name of wife, where he settled, etc) we can help you in your search. :D

T.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: US Immigration Ports

Postby suanj » 11 May 2016, 07:27

DeniseMancuso wrote:Hello,

My grandfather immigrated from Tiriolo, Italy sometime between 1914-1916 but he did not come through Ellis Island. My dad tells me he thinks that my grandfather came through a port in New Jersey. But I can't find any records anywhere. It's as if he doesn't exist. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any popular ports during that time that he might have passed through?

Thank you in advance!
Denise

Hi Denise, you can say us the name of your grandfather? Maybe we can help you...
regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”