Ack! Opinions? Eligible?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Gina2178

Ack! Opinions? Eligible?

Postby Gina2178 » 04 Jun 2016, 05:52

Hello! I'm glad to have found this forum. :D Thoughts anyone? Read all the facts because there is the potential for an interesting twist in 1979.

Jan 1921 Maternal Grandma born in Italy to Italian Citizens.

Nov 1922 Family arrives in NYC

April 1940 Maternal Great Grandpa signs Certificate of Naturalization (Grandma is 19)

Nov 1943 Maternal Great Grandma signs Certificate of Naturalization (Grandma is 22)

1955 My mother is born in USA.

1979, my grandma traveled to Italy. She had some sort of a problem prior to leaving and my grandfather had to get a Congressman to write a letter in favor of my grandma. My family actually has this letter and I will be getting a photograph of anything related to this issue later this weekend.

My concern is that a minor is 21 at that time (right?) & one of my great grandparents had neutralized. Isn't that where I get stuck because my grandma was born in Italy? My grandma was 19 when her dad naturalized and she was 22 when her mom.

Thoughts?

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”