HELP - Afragola has not sent my grandparents records

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Adonai0506

HELP - Afragola has not sent my grandparents records

Postby Adonai0506 » 29 Jul 2016, 15:20

Can anyone guide me. My appointment with the US Italian Consulate in NYC is for August 23, 2016. In January I sent out via email, a request for my grandparents documents in Afragola. I found them on microfilm, so all the necessary information was given to them. Nothing happened so in April, after following up with them, they told me to mail out my request. I did this in April 2016. Still, I have received nothing. Is there any professional who could possible get this done ASAP? :shock:

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Diane

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: HELP - Afragola has not sent my grandparents records

Postby adelfio » 29 Jul 2016, 16:29

Did you send your request in Italian with a photo id?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Adonai0506

Postby Adonai0506 » 29 Jul 2016, 17:19

Request was sent in italian, but I didn't know to send a photo id

Adonai0506

Postby Adonai0506 » 29 Jul 2016, 17:21

Yes, my letter was written in Italian, however, I did not realize I needed to send a photo ID. At this point I need a professional if I stand any shot of getting this by 8/25/2016

PippoM
Master
Master

Postby PippoM » 08 Aug 2016, 11:45

Could you get your certificates?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.

Adonai0506

Postby Adonai0506 » 08 Aug 2016, 23:13

Pippo,
I did find someone. I will keep your information in case I need you in the future.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 27 Aug 2016, 15:59

Adona you explained that you need it, for italian citizenship?
what happened... maybe they received the email and then or forgot or missing...
after 30 days abt it is better to make a email of urge reply... the clerk must reply within 30 days abt from the request..( law 241/90)

so please to write again and again, a bit of pressing is helpful, please to explain on the letter that from april 2016 you wait the certificates, and that you need urgently...
that you have the Consulate appointment and you cannot fail...
that you understand how much work the clerk have but your need compels you to ask with urgency... and at end of letter your thanks and your full address...

Hoping helpful,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Adonai0506

Postby Adonai0506 » 28 Aug 2016, 04:03

Suanj,

Yes, I should have kept emailing them about my problems and I don't know why I didn't. I was afraid of getting them angry. I ending up having to pay someone to get my grandparents records. The part that makes me angry is that Afragola did send me via email within 30 days what looked like a form which did have a seal on it; however the US italian consulate said that was not good enough and yet when my son went for his appointment on August 25, they did take those forms as well. Anyway, my son passed and now he waits about 1 year to become an italian citizen. I am now getting ready to make my own appointment with my married daughter. Through many mistakes and many hours, I can now say I have some knowledge about this entire process. Thank you for writing to me.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 28 Aug 2016, 08:37

I think that when a person requires a certificate useful for Italian citizenship, whether it requires it by email, or fax, or regular mail, the clerk who is able in his work, he know that the italian consulate accept the original on paper with original signature and seal, and not a printed copy from a digital attachment..... but for good luck some clerk- after that he sent the certificate, anticipated by email- send also the original by regular mail.. but no all think and make so... in my last search I had to sweat the proverbial "seven shirts", as we say here in Italy.. after 3 months without reply, and almost email of 7 urge reply and one to Mayor asking help, without reply also, I had the luck that a my friend was good friend of a clerk in the town hall and so "moved the water" and what the office sent and I received? No what I asked with right procedure but what the clerk thinked was enough.. a Birth certificate in pdf format without parent's names! I replied obviously and I said that it was no enough and no helpful, so send again by email a Birth certificate with parents names and making a long and wrong controversy, that for dual citizenship ship request it was enough what she made and sent .. I explained and made copy and paste of required documents from italian consulate website.. and the clerk no replied anymore... after other water moving I received the certificate by regular mail, it is no what I requested, but it is accepted from Italian consulate because almost showing parent's names..
in all these my email I pleaded ... but this should not be necessary, because it is a law... it is a right... I was convinced to let him write from my lawyer....

It is neither a matter of north or south communes, but is matter of clerk, if the clerk is able and reliable worker... a conscientious worker... fortunately the majority of clerks are conscientious workers.
Best regards,
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Adonai0506

Postby Adonai0506 » 29 Aug 2016, 01:37

Suanj,
Are you anywhere near the earthquake area?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 29 Aug 2016, 05:56

Hi, I am a bit far, but no much and the first and main earthquake was also felt here but more lightly and without damage, and believe me , we are still scared , we had a strong quake on August 9 , and I suspected that it was a skirmishand I was very scared , and when this time , I was awake in bed , having to get up very early in the morning , I was afraid that sleeping I don' theard the trill of the alarm clock..so I thought , then the bed moving, and again and again , and I thought it was my husband , but then I heard that it was the floor , and I went down immediately and exit from the bedroom to see what was happening, and ditto my son...it was the 3:38 am when I go out of bedroom and the big earthquake was st 3:36 am....2 minutes of terror.. 2 minutes of death ...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 29 Aug 2016, 15:28

I'm so glad that you and your family are well. It's so sad for the many people whose lives were destroyed by this earthquake. :(

mler
Master
Master

Postby mler » 29 Aug 2016, 15:28

Sorry. Repeat post.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 29 Aug 2016, 18:15

Thanks!
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Adonai0506

Postby Adonai0506 » 01 Sep 2016, 16:11

What a shame what happened. I know we can't stop them but they are sure awful. I'm glad you are safe.
Dee

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”