Lucia Di Fazio

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

Lucia Di Fazio

Postby R78 » 28 Aug 2016, 12:38

Hi all,

I'm looking for information on my ggm, Lucia Di Fazio. Born 31/12/1895 in a comune "near" Picinisco, she emigrated to the UK where she married my ggf, Diamante Demarco. We know she kept in touch with relatives back in Italy and in the US (she had none of her own family in the UK), but my gm doesn't remember the locations...

In search of her birth record, I've so far contacted the anagrafi of Arpino, Atina, Picinisco (negative response), and Alvito and Villa Latina (no response). I'm assuming that she came from somewhere in the Val di Comino area, although as well as saying she came from near Picinisco, my gm has also said that she may have been from "the north"! Most likely she came from nearby by ggf's town, however, as they had an arranged marriage.

I've also tried searching on inward passenger lists to the UK, but there doesn't seem to be any trace of a Lucia Di Fazio.

Does anyone have any advice or success stories on tracking down someone with so little to go on? Or maybe someone knows of Di Fazios in the US who came from this area and may be related to Lucia?

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”