Familly LUCIOTTO, from Sicilia to Tunisia.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

Familly LUCIOTTO, from Sicilia to Tunisia.

Postby matyber » 20 Nov 2005, 23:28

Goog morning everybody,

My name's Mathilde, I live in France and I'm looking for my Italians Ancestors: the LUCIOTTO. I don't know a lot of things about them so that's why I need help.
All I know is that they have probably left Sicilia after 1888 to go in Tunisia. My AAGF Sebastiano LUCIOTTO, married with Rosalia (I don't know her last name) and they have had at least 3 children :
- Theresa, borned in Palerma, on 08/30/1887, get married in Sfax (Tunisia) with Alexandre DI GENNARO.
- François-Paul, borned in Gabes (Tunisia) , on 02/07/1893, and get married in Tunis in 1919 with Biagia/Blaisette MIGLIORE, borned on 04/04/1902 in Tunis.
- Rosalie, borned in Sfax on 12/29/1908 andd get married with Joseph TIPA.

If this names are familiar to you, it will be very nice of you to contact me.

Re: Familly LUCIOTTO, from Sicilia to Tunisia.

Postby Arbuz » 03 Sep 2006, 03:36

Ciao Matilde

Some info is better than no info :)

My Great Grand Father's name was Sebastiano Luciotto. My Grand Mama travelled to Mexico, married my Grand Papa and left three children. She then sailed back to Italy and somehow found her way to Guatemala where she re married.

My father changed his mother's last name to a Mexican one after my Grand Papa remarried. SO no more Luciotto this side of the Atlantic.

I understand from the documents my Grand Papa left behind that my Grand Mama had some kind of title. DUnno much about the rest bacause it was a delicate subject within my familia.

I was named after my great grand papa but my lastnames are spanish mexican :)

Cheers. And good luck with your search.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”