Ships passenger lists leaving Italy for England

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Emmy
Master
Master

Ships passenger lists leaving Italy for England

Post by Emmy »

:?: Trying to find out if there are ships passenger lists kept in Italy relating to ships passengers going to England (1878-1887) and are they available on line?. Have found out there are records of arrivals kept at The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, but they are not available on line. Grateful for any help you can give.
Emmy
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Ships passenger lists leaving Italy for England

Post by jcsm400 »

Emmy,

Sure wish there was an online source, but answer is no.

This isn't info on passenger lists kept in Italy.....would probably need to know the port of departure, but this may help you.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... d+of+Trade++

Let us know if it is helpful for locating passanger lists to Eng;and.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Emmy
Master
Master

Re: Ships passenger lists leaving Italy for England

Post by Emmy »

Hi Joyce
Thanks for that link( I've just discovered why I couldn't get the site you gave me: I was coming out of the Italian genealogy site and typing in the web site from scratch and nothing was happening and lo and behold all I had to do was to click on your link and hey presto up it came. Not only helping me with my search but also with my computing skills. You deserve a gold star!! and- Talk about luck,I was talking to one of my friends in our art group about this web site etc. and she told me her daughter stays at Kew, Richmond, Surrey quite near to the National Archives there and her daughter has worked there. My friend is going down to visit her daughter in June and she suggested I give her all the details I have, and if they have time, she will try to so some research for me. But I am going to enquire at the library to find out if it ispossible to borrow a hard copy of the actual book listed in site you gave, if not, and if I have no success with Richmond I'll send for the film. Thanks again for the information. I'll keep you posted.
Emmy