Need information on my great grand father DOMENICO GIORDANO.

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
miguelgio46

Need information on my great grand father DOMENICO GIORDANO.

Postby miguelgio46 » 14 Jul 2006, 17:28

Hi. My name is Miguel GIORDANO. This is my first entry to this forum and have no idea how it works. I am from URUGUAY and searching for my grand grand father place of birth in Itali (the exact comuni), in order to request his birth certificate. You know.
My Grand Grand father´s name is DOMENICO GIORANO. He was born between 1835 and 1837 and emigrate to URUGUAY. His wife was María Teresa CITRO. He was a mason who helped with the construction of a church in FLORIDA, URUGUAY, where the italian colony set a copy of SAINT CONO that was brought from Teggiano around the 1880s.
He could be from Tegiano or from Ceraso,SA , but this is what I need to find out and confirm with your help.
Please, any help will be very well received.
Thanks to all
Bye
Miguel
miguelgio46@yahoo.com[b]

miguelgio46

Re: need info

Postby miguelgio46 » 14 Jul 2006, 17:33

miguelgio46 wrote:Hi. My name is Miguel GIORDANO. This is my first entry to this forum and have no idea how it works. I am from URUGUAY and searching for my grand grand father place of birth in Itali (the exact comuni), in order to request his birth certificate. You know.
My Grand Grand father´s name is DOMENICO GIORANO. He was born between 1835 and 1837 and emigrate to URUGUAY. His wife was María Teresa CITRO. He was a mason who helped with the construction of a church in FLORIDA, URUGUAY, where the italian colony set a copy of SAINT CONO that was brought from Teggiano around the 1880s.
Please, any help will be very well received.
Thanks to all
Bye
Miguel
miguelgio46@yahoo.com
I need also any information reagarding his departure from Italy to Uruguay, date, ship, etc.
Thanks

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”