Death Certificates, all neccessary for citizenship?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Remus

Death Certificates, all neccessary for citizenship?

Postby Remus » 26 Jul 2006, 13:57

Comment removed by author

mler
Master
Master

Re: Death Certificates, all neccessary for citizenship?

Postby mler » 28 Jul 2006, 18:38

That depends very much on your consulate. Some require documents from both sides of the family; some do not. You need to check with yours.

sgaimari

Postby sgaimari » 26 Oct 2006, 05:44

If you are in the jurisdiction of the San Fransisco consulate, you only need the death certificates for the Italian born ancestors - don't need any American born intermediate ancestors. For example, in my case, I only needed the death certificate for my Great Grandfather and my Great Grandmother, both born in Italy, died in the US. I did not need the death certificate for my Grandfather who was born and died in America.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 26 Oct 2006, 06:18

Remus wrote:I am trying to claim Italian citizenship thru my Father->Grandfather->Great-Grandfather. Various websites say "Death certificates for anyone listed above (with apostille and translation, if for your father, grandfather, great grandfather)"

Does this mean I will also need the death certificates of my grandmother and great-grandmother? Or are these unnecessary?

Visit this site web site, it will resolve all your questions

http://www.italiandualcitizenship.com/

bye Riccardo :lol:

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”