Giuseppe Pani of Lucca

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
raffygen
Rookie
Rookie

Giuseppe Pani of Lucca

Post by raffygen »

Hi all,

My great grand father emigrated from Lucca (or vicinity) to Uruguay. Probably his first port of arrival was in Brazil.

He was born in 1851 either in Lucca or in a village near Lucca. HE was a very quite and private man so nobody really know anything about him.
His parents were: Eugenio Piani and Elena Carmassi.

He got married in 1881 in Uruguay with with Elisa
Gonella (22 years old), from Florence, daughter of Lorenzo Gonella and Giacinta Egui.

I live in the US and I have no idea on how to conduct the research about him in Italy.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Raffy
raffygen
Rookie
Rookie

Correction Re: Giuseppe Pani of Lucca

Post by raffygen »

His name was Giuseppe Piani and not Pani.

Sorry,
Raffy
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Giuseppe Pani of Lucca

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Raffy,

I really think your best bet would be to contact your local LDS- Family History Center. The Mormans have filmed genealogical records around the world & have resources to help guide you in locating records in Uruguay.
Here is a link to local your nearest FHC.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

This is another link with many more links on research in Uruguay.

http://www.cyndislist.com/hispanic.htm

Hope this helps. Good luck in your research.

jcsm

PS. We've had others researching in Uruguay, so if you can ever help out here on Uruguay research, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Just to be clear.......you are interested in research for ITALY, specifically the Lucca vicinity??

In most cases an exact town of origin must be identified......however one of our posters from Italy would be better able to direct your research.

wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

raffygen wrote:Hi all,

My great grand father emigrated from Lucca (or vicinity) to Uruguay. Probably his first port of arrival was in Brazil.

He was born in 1851 either in Lucca or in a village near Lucca. HE was a very quite and private man so nobody really know anything about him.

Gonella (22 years old), from Florence, daughter of Lorenzo Gonella and Giacinta Egui.

I live in the US and I have no idea on how to conduct the research about him in Italy.

Thanks,
Raffy
Hi Raffy, for to know the exact birthplace ( I believe Lucca town right) you can send a request in
Archivio di Stato di Lucca [aslu @ archivi.beniculturali.it NO SPACES]
Piazza Guidiccioni, 8
55100 Lucca (LU)
ITALY

Italy and to ask the Esito di Leva ( draft registration card)document photocopy of PIANI Giuseppe classe 1851 circa ( abt 1851) figlio di (son of) Eugenio e di (and of ) CARMASSI Elena.. after that you will have the reply you can to ask the civil records in right birthplace... because they have the draft registration card from male borns in Lucca province from 1833 until1921

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Thank you Suanj......if not for you, Riccardo, and our many other helpful members living in Italy....we would be lost!!!!!

Hugs,
DeLisa :wink:
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

:D :D :D :D suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
raffygen
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Giuseppe Piani of Lucca

Post by raffygen »

Thank you very much suanj,

I have just written to the Archive in Lucca.
Thanks again,
Raffy

suanj wrote:
raffygen wrote:Hi all,

Thanks,
Raffy
Hi Raffy, for to know the exact birthplace ( I believe Lucca town right) you can send a request in
Archivio di Stato di Lucca [aslu @ archivi.beniculturali.it NO SPACES]
Piazza Guidiccioni, 8
55100 Lucca (LU)
ITALY

Italy and to ask the Esito di Leva ( draft registration card)document photocopy of PIANI Giuseppe classe 1851 circa ( abt 1851) figlio di (son of) Eugenio e di (and of ) CARMASSI Elena.. after that you will have the reply you can to ask the civil records in right birthplace... because they have the draft registration card from male borns in Lucca province from 1833 until1921

regards, suanj
raffygen
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Giuseppe Piani of Lucca

Post by raffygen »

jcsm400,

I would be happy to help, but I live in the US and not in Uruguay. My great grand father was in Uruguay.

I will be happy to help with research in the US.
Raffy
jcsm400 wrote:Hi Raffy,

I really think your best bet would be to contact your local LDS- Family History Center. The Mormans have filmed genealogical records around the world & have resources to help guide you in locating records in Uruguay.
Here is a link to local your nearest FHC.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

This is another link with many more links on research in Uruguay.

http://www.cyndislist.com/hispanic.htm

Hope this helps. Good luck in your research.

jcsm

PS. We've had others researching in Uruguay, so if you can ever help out here on Uruguay research, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Raffygen: very well, and good luck! suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH