Bloodline and birth certificates

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Saladin

Bloodline and birth certificates

Postby Saladin » 01 Nov 2006, 04:02

Does anyone have any experience or advice regarding the LA or Chicago consulates regarding requirement for birthcertificates for the spouses not in the direct bloodline? I am applying for recognition of citizenship through my paternal great grandfather. I have all of the birth, death and marriage certificates for myself, father, grandfather and great grandfather but I am running into some roadblocks in obtaining birth certificate for my mother and grandmother. I have a baptismal certificate for my grandmother, will that work? if so, do I need anything with it as an explaination to why I don't have a birthcertificate? As for my mother, I've explained to her why I need it many times but she likes to make things difficult. She's a control freak. Any suggestions / alternatives? Thanks.

mler
Master
Master

Re: Bloodline and birth certificates

Postby mler » 01 Nov 2006, 13:04

I can't speak for the LA or the Chicago consulates, but I do know that in NY, the only documents required are those in the direct line. I tend to think that at least one of the consulates you mention has similar requirements. Check their websites or give them a call to confirm this.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”