Kings County Marriage Records

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jpgarone

Kings County Marriage Records

Postby jpgarone » 18 Feb 2007, 17:55

I would like to find out how to order the marriage certificate for grandmother Asunta "Sue" Petruzzi. I know that she was married and widowed and then married again but I don't know the dates. She was born in 1917, so presumably she had her first marriage no earlier than 1933. Unfortunately I don't know the name of the groom as this was always a sort of taboo subject when she was alive. At some point prior to 1947, she married Nicola Garone, who fought in WWII. I have know idea if she knew him and they were married before the war or not.

I've check a database of marriages that goes up to 1938 without any luck. Does anyone have any tips?

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Kings County Marriage Records

Postby wldspirit » 18 Feb 2007, 18:26

You can locate info by sending a request to the following:

http://www.nycmarriagebureau.com/index.htm

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Postby Poipuo4 » 21 Feb 2007, 17:23

Have you already checked the databases on www.italiangen.org? If not, the NYC municipal archives can do a search for you if you narrow it down to a range or years and borough. For me, it cost $31 to search 2 boroughs and I think a range of 2 or 3 years.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia

jpgarone

Postby jpgarone » 22 Feb 2007, 00:59

Yeah, I've checked them and cannot find anything. I just wish I had a better idea of what the dates of marriage were. I have about a 9 year possible range here.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”