marriage certifiacte???

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
JDiIorio

marriage certifiacte???

Postby JDiIorio » 03 Apr 2007, 03:13

my great grandparents both from italy met in the U.S. and i guess were married. no one in the family knows dates or location. actually my great grandfather was married in italy to maria cinelli and came over to america with her after their marriage in 1912 and they had kids. Maria and the kids then died and sometime after that met my graet grandmother. now his second wife ida wasnt on american soil until 1922 and their first child was born in 1927. they lived together. While i havent sorted through the documents that members of my family have, i did check the Philadelphia orphans court for those years and found no record, although ive been meaning to check again to be sure. Aside from looking through those family documents which i plan on doing at some time, how should i go about a search.
also in the case that i can not locate a marriage record, where might i stand with my quest for italian citizenship by jure sanguinis. this is something i want badly and i hope my desire doesnt end with my inablility to furnish a marriage record for one generation. in addition to a document from NARA that lists my great grandparents as married, my grandfather's birth certificate lists both his parents, my g-father's marriage certificate again lists his parents, and i have yet to see what my great grandparents death certificates say. i am applying through the Philadelphia consulate. any help is greatly appreciated,

Joe

belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Re: marriage certifiacte???

Postby belmoro19 » 05 Apr 2007, 03:43

to answer your question you asked me:from what i've been told it go go either way.i am going through miami.i have all other documents so i hope it will do.it depends on who the person is that you speak with.i hear the philly consulate might not be as strict.i am orignally from philly.i wonder if i go through them instead.my family is still there,maybe i could use their address.do you know if this is possible?
best of luck

JDiIorio

Re: marriage certifiacte???

Postby JDiIorio » 06 Apr 2007, 03:27

i think you can use your relatives address in philly, especially if you have an old drivers license from pennsylvania with that address cause i dont think theyd look at the expiration date

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”