Arnone from Celico

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
arnone01

Arnone from Celico

Postby arnone01 » 22 Apr 2007, 12:07

I am looking for info related to my grandfather Salvatore Arnone (born May 25, 1891) who immigrated to the US (Frostburg, MD) around 1909 based on the 1910 census. His father was Vittorio and mother Carmela (Greco) Arnone who lived in Celico. He left at least one other sibling behind. I cannot find any info on when exactly or on what ship he came to the US. I have done extensive research on Ellis Island website and have asked family members to no avail.
I am unable to trace family back past Vittorio and Carmela as well.
Does anyone have any info on my family or other options I should pursue?
THANKS!

AnotherCitizenToBe
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Arnone from Celico

Postby AnotherCitizenToBe » 22 Apr 2007, 12:50

Do you know if he naturalized/became a US citizen? If so, his Declaration of Intent and Petition for Citizenship will include all sorts of useful info from place of birth to date and method of arrival in the US.

If he naturalized in a federal court, the National Archives will be able to provide copies of the records in as little as a week for a small fee ($10, or $16 for certified copies). Visit http://www.archives.gov/research/order/orderonline.html. If there is an office nearby, you can go there directly and get the docs immediately at much lower cost.

If he naturalized in a state or county court (very common), you should start with the county archives where you think it may have been done and then try state archives next.

AnotherCitizenToBe
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Arnone from Celico

Postby AnotherCitizenToBe » 22 Apr 2007, 14:42

Also, ancestry.com has an entry for
Name: Concetta Arnone
Arrival Date: 25 Feb 1921
Estimated birth year: abt 1897
Ethnic Background: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Orizaba
Port of Arrival: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Friend's Name: Salvatore Arnone
Last Residence: Italy
Birthplace: Celico, Italy

Additional info from the manifest:

Father: Filippi Arnone of Celico.
Joining on arrival: Brother Salvatore Arnone, 332 Main St, Meyersdale, MD.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”