jure sanguinis in Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
buzzinrizza

jure sanguinis in Italy

Postby buzzinrizza » 28 Apr 2007, 05:11

I know that I have seen some references to obtaining jure sanguinis while in Italy, but can't seem to find them now. My wife and I have a one way ticket on June 4th 2007. Right around the corner. Due to troubles at consulates and work visas falling through, the only feasible way to stay in Italy is to bring all of my documents to Italy and apply for the permesso di soggiorno in order to get the permesso per atessa di citadinanza. We have only seen a couple of success stories on this route. I am a brewer and I have acouple of leads at brewpubs in Tuscany, and Liguria. Of course, at this point I would have to travel to Italy, make contact, get hired, fly back to LA in order to finish up a work visa, then fly back. Not the most appealing notion. Any one have advise or stories about applying for jure sanguinis while in Italy? Any help would be endlessly appreciated.
Justin Rizza

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: jure sanguinis in Italy

Postby wldspirit » 28 Apr 2007, 05:23

Good outline here, written by Expats already living the good life in Italia......and have more experience with the process.....

http://www.expatsinitaly.com/citizenshi ... italy.html

wldspirit :D

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”