re: obtaining NO RECORDS FOUND letter from USCIS & NARA

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
AlII

re: obtaining NO RECORDS FOUND letter from USCIS & NARA

Postby AlII » 06 Jun 2007, 16:46

Thanks for any help you can give me. My first time here as i just registered.

My grandfather was born in Italy in 1887, immigrated here in 1905 or 1906. He never naturalized and passed away in 1961 as an Italian citizen, I am told by my uncles and aunts.

I need to write letters to USCIS and NARA asking for, and in response to the rules from the Italian Consulate in Houston, Texas, a letter from each government body stating that "Mr. _____ never applied for citizenship." I guess this would be the equivalent of "No records found" and that is the best that I could hope for at this point.

I have already written all the letters for birth, marriage, and death certificates and drafted the apostille requests. I just need to mail them out. However, my remaining questions are as follows:

5 questions:
1. Is is faster to send the request letters directly to Washington and not use the Missouri address or G-639 form?
2. either way, is there an example of the type of content that I need in these request letters (are sample letters available)?
3. do i need to attach any documents to the request letters?
4. How do I get my grandfather's Alien Registration number? I can't find it anywhere.
5. Is this a long process?

thanks for any thoughts,
Al

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”