Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.

Postby belmoro19 » 11 Jun 2007, 01:00

if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.i am looking for information on my family with the surname scaltrito specifically giovanni scaltrito.i am looking for his marriage record.he was born in santa teresa di riva(messina) italy in 1890.his brothers were salvatore,guiseppe and francesco.they all settled in philadelphia pa.i believe he had a sister that remained in sicily.giovanni's wife name was possibly ermelinda ferrara.i found diiferent spellings for i.e erimindiana and ermindina.what i am looking for is when and where he was married.i tried looking in philadelphia but with no luck.possibly because i'm not sure what his wife's name was.any information will be greatly appreciated.

Re: surname SCALTRTIO

Postby Fscal » 28 Jun 2007, 04:40

Hello Cousin:

Francesco is my Grandfather and I have some info I'll dig it up. Aramenia Feraro was John's wife's name on Julia's Marriage cert in '29.

I couldn't find Johns marriage cert either but I found Salvatore's and Francesco's.

I got a bunch of other stuff about the family if you want it write me by Email I seldom come here.

Frank Scaltrito

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”