Some questions

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Paul_NL
Rookie
Rookie

Some questions

Postby Paul_NL » 11 Jul 2007, 05:22

I am an Dutch National and my Argentine girlfriend wants to apply for the Italian nationality by Jure Sanguinis in Italy. She does have all the necessary papers. It´s just a matter of getting carte di Sagornio and residenzia.

Can somebody answer me the following questions?

1: What are the requirements for Carte di Sargorni and residenzia for someone who is not an EU citizen?
2: What steps do you have to take to apply for the carta and Residence?
3: How long does it approx. take to get both?
4: Can you move to Holland for holiday when they are running the aplication for the Carta and residence? It takes about 1 working day to travel to Italy so I imagine it´s not that hard
5: My cousin lives in Verona and is a legal resident. Does it speed things up if she lives with my cousin?
6: I have a contact with someone who works for the province of Bergamo, does it make sense to settle there so that she can fast-track the proces?
7: How long does it approx. take for an non-EU resident to get a Carta and residencia?
8: Can somebody recommend me an agency or lawyer who specializes in cases like this?

Thanks a lot my email is granadaiscool @ hotmail . com please respond if you can help me

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Some questions

Postby ricbru » 11 Jul 2007, 07:52

Dear Paul,
if your Argentine girlfriend has all the paperwork done (I can understand for bloodright), she can apply first to the closest Italian consulate where she has the official residence, or she can come to Italy and do everything here as a resident, getting a permesso di soggiorno in order to get the italian citizenship. If this kind of permesso di soggiorno one day will expires, your girlfriend will not have any problem to renew it, because she has it in order to get the new citizenship
If you want to become an italian citizen you need to be first officially married with her for at least 3 years, and after that you can apply after your wife becomes italian.
I didn't answer to your question, but I think you need to have all it clear,
bye Riccardo

Paul_NL
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Paul_NL » 12 Jul 2007, 05:55

Are you sure you can get a permesso di Sagornio for reasons for applying for the Italian citizenship by bloodright?

The way I understand it you only need to get residenzia to apply for the the Italian citizenship. The residenzia you can get by reporting yourself and after the police have controlled your residence. This normally takes 1 to 2 weeks. Is this correct?

You then later need to apply for the permesso.

P.S. I personally don´t need the Italian nationality as I am Dutch

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 12 Jul 2007, 06:29

Yes I'm sure, anybody coming to Italy in order to apply for italian citizenship, first get a permesso di sooggiorno for tourims (90 days) and after that you get your residenza to Ufficio anagrafe in the municipality you decide to live, and after that you request for permesso di soggiorno in order to get the italian citizenship, when it expires there is not problem to renewe it because your girfriend is waiting and living in italy for this purpose.
I hope it helps
Riccardo

http://www.trentininelmondo.it/cittadin ... attesa.asp

Paul_NL
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Paul_NL » 12 Jul 2007, 11:15

ricbru wrote:Yes I'm sure, anybody coming to Italy in order to apply for italian citizenship, first get a permesso di sooggiorno for tourims (90 days) and after that you get your residenza to Ufficio anagrafe in the municipality you decide to live, and after that you request for permesso di soggiorno in order to get the italian citizenship, when it expires there is not problem to renewe it because your girfriend is waiting and living in italy for this purpose.
I hope it helps
Riccardo

http://www.trentininelmondo.it/cittadin ... attesa.asp

I heard there is a visa specially for applying for the citizenship. Is this correct?

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 12 Jul 2007, 18:12

No there is not visa for italian citizenship
Riccardo

Paul_NL
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Paul_NL » 16 Jul 2007, 07:30

ricbru wrote:No there is not visa for italian citizenship
Riccardo

It´s this if my Italian is good enough

PERMESSO DI SOGGIORNO PER RESIDENZA ELETTIVA

(art. 11 DPR 394/99 e succ. mod.; Decreto Ministero Affari Esteri 12 luglio 2000)

a) Istanza compilata e sottoscritta dall'interessato ( Moduli 1 e 2);
b) Fotocopia di tutto il passaporto o di altro documento equipollente (vedi tabella n°4);
c) Fotocopia della documentazione attestante il possesso:
di ampie risorse economiche, da proprietà immobiliari o da qualsiasi altra fonte lecita diversa dal lavoro, o dal percepimento nel territorio di assegni di pensioni o vitalizi italiani o riconosciuti dalle Autorità Italiane.

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby ricbru » 16 Jul 2007, 12:30

Paul_NL wrote:
ricbru wrote:No there is not visa for italian citizenship
Riccardo

It´s this if my Italian is good enough

PERMESSO DI SOGGIORNO PER RESIDENZA ELETTIVA

(art. 11 DPR 394/99 e succ. mod.; Decreto Ministero Affari Esteri 12 luglio 2000)

a) Istanza compilata e sottoscritta dall'interessato ( Moduli 1 e 2);
b) Fotocopia di tutto il passaporto o di altro documento equipollente (vedi tabella n°4);
c) Fotocopia della documentazione attestante il possesso:
di ampie risorse economiche, da proprietà immobiliari o da qualsiasi altra fonte lecita diversa dal lavoro, o dal percepimento nel territorio di assegni di pensioni o vitalizi italiani o riconosciuti dalle Autorità Italiane.

This is a kind of permit for residence, it is not a Visa
Riccardo :lol:

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”