Adult son of an Italian Citizen

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
NOLA
Rookie
Rookie

Adult son of an Italian Citizen

Postby NOLA » 29 Oct 2007, 13:53

Although I am going to the consulate on Nov. 26, I'd like some help if one of you know the answer. My cousin is married to a woman born in Puglia. They have two children. Their oldest son is planning to move to Italy before Thanksgiving to work in a family business. When I asked my cousin if he had a work permit or whether or not his wife had registered his birth with the consulate, he said he didn't think so, and his wife didn't recall. However, last year when Italians abroad received the right to vote in national elections, the young man received a card with directions on where and how to vote. I said that this probably means that Maria registered him, and that he is already considered an Italian citizen. Maria is still a legal alien. What do you think?

deliziosa

Re: Adult son of an Italian Citizen

Postby deliziosa » 22 Dec 2007, 11:51

if he is able to vote, then he wont need any work permit because he is already an italian citizen.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”