documents needed for Italian citizenship?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
lance

documents needed for Italian citizenship?

Postby lance » 24 Nov 2007, 20:43

I am seeking to become an Italian citizen, as is my daughter who is in Florence presently. I'm in Connecticut

My maternal grandfather was born in Monteiasi, Toranto.

My mother was born before he became a naturalized U.S. citizen.

I am waiting for his birth certificate, but I am not sure where in Italy he died.

Do I need the death certificate? What if he was still alive? I don't understand.

I have my birth certificate as well as my daughter's. (She is 23 years old)

I have my parent's marriage certificate as well as mine.

My mother's birth certificate from Pennsylvania, but they spelled her first and last name wrong. real name Rita Barbiere. they spelled it Reta Barbiers.

I am working on my grandparent's marriage certificate from Pennsylvannia

His name was Salatore Barbiere

Am I on track? Please address the death certificate question.

Thanks, lance

corrado
Elite
Elite

Re: documents needed for Italian citizenship?

Postby corrado » 25 Nov 2007, 01:11

Hi,

The death certificate can be a problem to find if you don't know which comune where he died. He could it don't have to be the same one where he lived.... someone else will have to address this one.

The spelling can be handeld in two ways 1) easy a affidavate that this is the same person or 2)if they won't take that you will have to ammend the certificate, no big deal but takes some time.

good luick

corrado
Elite
Elite

Postby corrado » 25 Nov 2007, 01:12

Hi,

The death certificate can be a problem to find if you don't know which comune where he died. He could it don't have to be the same one where he lived.... someone else will have to address this one.

The spelling can be handeld in two ways 1) easy a affidavate that this is the same person or 2)if they won't take that you will have to ammend the certificate, no big deal but takes some time.

good luick

lance

Postby lance » 25 Nov 2007, 17:20

thank you, Corrado. I want to have everything in order when I approach the consulate in N.Y. Would rather do it only once if it can be helped.
lance

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”