Send money with request for birth certificate?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
cavallaro8

Send money with request for birth certificate?

Postby cavallaro8 » 27 Nov 2007, 18:18

I am ready to send a request for my father's birth certificate to the Commune di Messina. I am sending 2 International reply coupons but I don' know whether to send any money (how much or in what form i.e. cash denominated in Euro's)

peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Re: Send money with request for birth certificate?

Postby peggymckee » 27 Nov 2007, 19:44

I sent no money or IRCs and received BCs & MCs from 2 different comunes, both in less than 1 month. Personally, I would not send either money or IRCs unless specifically requested. Why not include your Email address, and then the comune can Email you if they need anything.

I got an Email from on comune confirming that my documents were on their way--via airmail. Neither comune wanted money or IRCs.

All the best, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi

Emmy
Master
Master

Postby Emmy » 27 Nov 2007, 23:41

I sent 2 International Reply Coupons with a request for a birth act and they were returned to me saying they couldn't be used - I was still sent the birth act.
Emmy

Gildone
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Gildone » 29 Nov 2007, 22:53

I included my e-mail address when requesting birth certs. I ordered them from the comune and from the Archivio di Stato in the provincial capital. If I recall correctly, the Archivio di Stato wanted money but not the comune. As it turns out, the Detroit Consulate wanted the copy from the Archivio di Stato anyway.

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”