Locating my Family

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
barrizzelli

Locating my Family

Postby barrizzelli » 15 Dec 2007, 11:59

My Grand Father emigrated from Italy probably at the beginning of the 20th century. My father born in Brazil in 1905 and he was the first son of this new family. But with the informations avaliable in Brasil, it was impossible to find any register about the my Grandfather entrance in the country. Probably the original family name was lost with the diferent manner to write it. My father was registered as Barrizzello, myself as Barrizzelli, my father's brothers as Barricelli and so on. Researching at Internet, the only surname found near of these, was Barricella in the small town of Sant'angelo dei Lombardi, province Avellino. I wrote to the Sant'angelo's City Hall in order to ask how to get any information about this family, but as normal in Italy, they had not the kindness to answer my email. If anybody could help me, I will remain very grateful.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Locating my Family

Postby suanj » 16 Dec 2007, 08:29

most probably... the right surname spell is BARRICELLI ( 1 C)... BARICELLI (1 R and 1 C) or BARISELLI.....BARICHELLO ....... if you can provide more info we can help better, regards, suanj
ps: in Brasil, it was emigrated only this family with Bariselli surname:
ANNIBALE - AGGDº 1/7/1895 ITALIA
CATERINA - M 1/7/1895 ITALIA
GIROLAMO - ILEGÃÂ
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”