congressional inquiry

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
davidlatour
Rookie
Rookie

congressional inquiry

Postby davidlatour » 12 Jan 2008, 02:23

Hey everyone,

Like a lot of you, I was disappointed with the FOIA backlog of 12-18 months so I started looking for any existing alternative options. A few weeks back, I wrote a letter to my local congressman explaining my intention of acquiring dual citizenship and my disappointment with the delay by the USCIS to respond to my request for naturalization records. Today, I got a letter stating that he would "be happy to make an inquiry on my behalf" and that I just needed to provide him with my g-grandfather's information and he could make a formal request. He also suggested that I make a FOIA request as well and sent me the G-639 form, so it seems like he has a good understanding of the process but wouldn't give me a time frame on the inquiry.

Has anyone had any experience with congressional inquiries? It might still take awhile, but it seems like its at least worth a shot.

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: congressional inquiry

Postby PeterTimber » 12 Jan 2008, 02:34

They work for you so ask them how soon you can get a follow up or when should you call them to find out the status of your request. Just use the phraswe as your constituent...=Peter=

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”