Questions Regarding Documents for IDC

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jpace

Questions Regarding Documents for IDC

Postby jpace » 20 Jan 2008, 15:49

1. I am seeking dual Italian citizenship. Do all the documents I am gathering need to have been obtained within one year of my appointment with the Chicago Consulate? On the Italian dual Citizenship.com website it states that documents must not be more than one year old.

2. The same website states that if going through the Miami or Chicago Consulate, a document entitled Certificato Di Cittadinanza (Italian Certificate of Citizenship) must be obtained and submitted. They provide a link to purchase the certificate for 100 Euro. I have the instructions from the Chicago Consulate and I see no mention of this certificate. What do you know about this certificate; is it needed and if so, where can it be found other than the one source I found? Is there always a charge for this certificate? The Chicago consulate website is not opening up for me right now.

Thanks

Thanks

peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Re: Questions Regarding Documents for IDC

Postby peggymckee » 20 Jan 2008, 16:27

jpace wrote:1. Do all the documents I am gathering need to have been obtained within one year of my appointment ?
2. The same website states that if going through the Miami or Chicago Consulate, a document entitled Certificato Di Cittadinanza (Italian Certificate of Citizenship) must be obtained and submitted.

1. No, but they need to be recent enough to be apostilled.
2. To the best of my knowledge, this is not usually a requirement. However. the Consulate can require whatever documents they want--and maybe they will require you to get it--but speaking personally, I would check with the Consulate before spending 100 Euros.
All the best, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi

jpace

Re: Questions Regarding Documents for IDC

Postby jpace » 20 Jan 2008, 16:55

Thanks for the information. I have another question. I have been extensively searching for the address needed to send for my Sicilian documents. I have pieced together the following address for the Vital Records Office in San Giuseppe Jato, Sicily, but I don't know if this is correct. Please review and let me know if this is the correct address and if not, please let me know the address to use. I have no contacts in Sicily to get the address from.

Commune Di San Giuseppe Jato
Ufficio Anagrafe-Stato Civile
Piazza Falcone e Borsellino
Via Badia, 55
90048 SAN GIUSEPPE JATO PA
Italy

Thanks

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”