citizenship question

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
domenico1

citizenship question

Postby domenico1 » 28 Jan 2008, 06:37

im requesting information on possible citizenship, my father was a italian citizen til october 1984 dus i was born nov 1985 and citizenship cannot be passed

but then a law came out that allowed italians to declare to reinstate citzenship now i dont remember details but i am sure he declared because til this day he recieves voting forms.

the last time i spoke with the consulate they said they had no information on him declaring to reinstate his citizenship but i also know that at the same time he was planning to move to italy and bring us along so my guess is he sorted papers in italy but im not sure if its possible.

can anyone guide me to who i should speak to cause i already spoke with consulate , the comune were he was born but not the comune were he wanted to declare residency.

peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Re: citizenship question

Postby peggymckee » 28 Jan 2008, 12:32

domenico1 wrote:i am sure he declared because til this day he recieves voting forms.
Is you father still alive? All the best, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Postby PeterTimber » 28 Jan 2008, 13:08

Dear Domenico may I suggest that you send your question to an attorney in San Francisco that specializes in Italian property and citizenship. Their e-mail address is Italianlaw@comcast.net and their website is www.italianlaw.net =Peter=

domenico1

Postby domenico1 » 30 Jan 2008, 03:56

unfortunatley hes not going to be alive hes terminally ill but i always wanted to pursue italian citizenship, i will email the lawyer to request advice, thank you so much

peggymckee
Elite
Elite

Postby peggymckee » 30 Jan 2008, 21:27

Domenico--I hope the attorney is helpful. In addition you might check this website:
http://www.icgsmb.com/board/
All the best, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”