DeLeonardis who migrated to Steubenville, Ohio early 1900

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
deleonardis.ohio

DeLeonardis who migrated to Steubenville, Ohio early 1900

Post by deleonardis.ohio »

I am searching for my family who migrated here from Italy in the late 1800's or early 1900's. The settled in Steubenville, Ohio and other places in the US. I believe part of my family was from Spoltore, Italy.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: DeLeonardis who migrated to Steubenville, Ohio early 190

Post by suanj »

here a ship's manifest abt Anastasio DE LEONARDIS( right spell) from Spoltore and joining at Attilio son in Steubenville, Ohio:
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0499%2ETIF

Attilio arrival:
Attilio De Leonardis Apr 25, 1913

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0641%2ETIF

they could be related with your ancestor?
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi

Go to http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... 4416400613

and register for an account. Its free, but may take a day or two to get your registration back. Here you can get death certs for Ohio from 1908 to 1953. Before 1908 they were filed in counties, not statewide.

Listed is a death cert for an un-named infant born (stillborn) on 07 Oct 1921. Parents are Attilio Deleonardis and ?? Apprgnitia. Baby was buried in Mt. Calvary Cemetery. There are other with the same surname listed.

I have been doing some research recently on another family from Spoltore. Good luck with your research.

Debbie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

great debbie, the mother is Cristina Appigniani or Appignani..., great find, kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
michael.caligiuri

Re: DeLeonardis who migrated to Steubenville, Ohio early 1900

Post by michael.caligiuri »

I realize this is seven years after your post, but my family is related to the DeLeonardis family in Buffalo NY and Steubenville Ohio. I believe my maternal great grandmother's maiden name was Deleonardis from Spoltore Italy. She married a man named DeMarzio and they had an only child, my grandmother, Nineta DeMarzio. Nineta was born in Spoltore (City Pescara, Prov Abbruzo), moved first to Newark New York and then to Buffalo New York with her parents. Nineta married Quirino Mutignani (also from Spoltore) in Buffalo New York sometime around 1920. They had a daughter, my mother, Louise Rita Mutignani b 1930, who married my father, Michael Caligiuri in 1953. I am the 2nd of their 10 children.

Growing up in Buffalo, my grandmother Nineta always spoke of her relatives in Steubenville who I believe were DeLeonardis, and I knew of two cousins I had in Buffalo, Anne and Carol DeLeonardis.

I now live in Columbus Ohio

I hope this is helpful.

Michael Caligiuri