Miami consulate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
dpalma4

Miami consulate

Postby dpalma4 » 23 Apr 2008, 13:25

Anyone have any experience with the consulate in Miami. I've perused their website, and they seem to require the usual documents. Do they require that all documents be certified and with apostille, or only those in direct line of the ancestor?

Also, has anyone had any success writing a letter (in Italian) to individual comunes in Italy for a BC, or does this really require paying a professional?

Thanks for any help.
Surnames: Palma, Rubbo, Tosetto, Stigliano

federici1999
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Miami consulate

Postby federici1999 » 23 Apr 2008, 19:33

I am waiting now for an appointment with the Miami Consulate. I had all documents done in long form with letter of Exemplification, But only certified and appostiled the documents in direct line of decent. Remember all documents in line of decent must be translated to Italian. They charged me nothing extra for the documents to be in long form with Letter of exemplifications. So I took them up on thier offer. I paid a service to get the documents. I ran into a problem even with the service due to privacy laws. Without them calling the commune and speaking to whoever was in charge and finding out they needed letter of authorization and proof of who the documents were being released to. I could have written 10 letters and never knew why the were not coming. Another thing the Miami office want that no other one requires is a "Certificate Of Citizenship" This is a letter from the commune along with the birth certificate stating that they were indeed born with Italian citizenship and rights. E-mail me if I can help you some more and I will let you know how Miami work and if I run into any problems so you won't.
Thanks Bob

Looking for Federici and Cavalli from Bedonia

jeniacono

Postby jeniacono » 23 Apr 2008, 20:51

What did you give to the comune that was OK for authorization? I wrote directly - I didn't know they needed something for privacy release....

federici1999
Rookie
Rookie

Postby federici1999 » 24 Apr 2008, 20:28

I am not sure if all communes need a letter. I wrote authorizing them to release the documents to the companyI hired . I had to sign date and send a copy of my passport. The letter was done in Italian. I hope this helps
Thanks Bob

Looking for Federici and Cavalli from Bedonia

ademarco

Postby ademarco » 29 Apr 2008, 20:07

Hi,

I am trying to get an appointment at the italian consulate in Miami. I have writen multiple emails and sent a few faxes over the last 3-4 weeks. Did you get your appointment? How? They don't seem to answer at all. Also in your post you mention a service, Can you send me info about it. Thanks

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”