Apostilles and Translations

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
runningoat5

Apostilles and Translations

Postby runningoat5 » 27 Apr 2008, 03:52

Hi All (again),

It seems that there is really only one place can get apostilles for my documents but I have seen at least two options for getting my documents translated. Does anyone have any suggested placed that are particularly cheap, fast, or both? I've had trouble finding definitive information online so far.

Thanks!!!
Bryan C. -- Rocket Scientist in Training

Known Family Names: Costanza / Costanzo, Mantia, Luchessi, Maggesi, Cardamone, Ratchford, Petterson, Luddy, Bensinger, Custer, Fritsch / Fritz, Edelman

elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Apostilles and Translations

Postby elba » 27 Apr 2008, 12:26

Some consulates have lists of translators whose work they will accept - others don't mind who you use as long as the translations are of good quality and acceptable to them...

Translations that I have done have been refused by some and accepted by others. Ther's just no telling if you chance it. As the saying goes "You pays your money - you takes your chance!"

But your best bet is to ASK at the consulate you will be dealing with what their policy is regarding this question. That is safer than getting everything ready only to find that some 'Jobsworth' in a consulate is having a bad day! and THAT is a real possibility - believe me.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"

runningoat5

Re: Apostilles and Translations

Postby runningoat5 » 27 Apr 2008, 15:19

OK, I will contact them about these things. Thanks!
Bryan C. -- Rocket Scientist in Training

Known Family Names: Costanza / Costanzo, Mantia, Luchessi, Maggesi, Cardamone, Ratchford, Petterson, Luddy, Bensinger, Custer, Fritsch / Fritz, Edelman

Return to “Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship”