Searching for information on Bagaglio or Sandrin family!!

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Searching for information on Bagaglio or Sandrin family!!

Postby Little_Jo3017 » 28 Jul 2003, 07:15

Hello, I am new here so if anyone would like to help me, it would be much appreciated! My grandfather and grandmother were both from Italy. My grandfather had immigrated, I believe, to America in the early 1900's(not sure of exact year). My grandfather's last name was Bagaglio, and my grandmother's maiden name was Sandrin. I am curious to know if any relatives from either side are still living in Italy. Does anyone know any possible way I could find this information out? Unfortunatly, I was not able to spend time with either my grandfather or grandmother before they passed away, so I do not know much information on any family before them. It would be very much appreciated, I hope to visit someday, and it would be wonderful to be able to meet some family, if any. Or at least write to them and learn from them. Thank you all who respond. :D
Little_Jo3017

Postby ptimber » 28 Jul 2003, 13:13

First of all iin Italy everything hinges upon knowing the town of origin. All records, history and family are in the town of origin (your roots go deep there). The best way to start is go backward from the preesent to the Past. If you know the full name of your grandparents then first go to www.ellisisland.org and try to locate their arrival. This record will give you their ge (year of birth calculatged) and town of origin. You can also look at the ships manifest for other data like to whom they left behind and to where they were going when they came to the USA. Start with that and then when you have the information go to www.paginebianche.it and insert the last name int he first line and the town of origin in the third line and click CERCA for persons in that town with that surname. If there are anya listing will show up by name,address and telephone number. When you get this far then get back to me. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship