Looking for birth mother...

Genetic genealogy is the application of genetics to traditional genealogy. Genetic genealogy involves the use of genealogical DNA testing to determine the level and type of the genetic relationship between individuals.
Dopey3333

Looking for birth mother...

Post by Dopey3333 »

I am writing in hopes of finding my birth mother. I was born October 31 st 1961 in Monterotondo , Rome , Italy. I came to the US with a passport and a given name of Laila Formica ( surname??) my name was then changed to Linda Salvatore . I came the the US February 11, 1964 as my passport states.
I was told growing up that I was adopted by a Joseph Salvatore. I know have reason to believe that I was not In fact adopted , I do however believe that Joseph Salvatore is my biological father. I do believe that I may have information on birth mother . I have recently found pictures that may suggest my birth mother is in many pictures . I have also found letters that were written to me in the 1980's from this particular lady , that we're withheld from me . I believe that her name is Angela . Last name - perhaps being Pusino or Raccli. The parents that raised have not and refuse to be honest with me in this matter. I feel hurt , betrayed ETC by all of this . I have a family of my own now , grand kids . I just received my DNA kit in the mail in hopes of finding any family out there . If anyone has any pointers / help in leading me perhaps in the right direction in finding my true identity it would be greatly appreciated . I thank all in advance .
Thank You , Linda Salvatore
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Looking for birth mother...

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website Did you ever get your birth act October 31st 1961 in Monterotondo , Rome , Italy

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Dopey3333

Post by Dopey3333 »

Hello Marty,

Not sure what you are referring to when you say birth act . I am going through an Italian consulate in Rochester New York . Emailed my passport ETC!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Dopey3333 wrote: Not sure what you are referring to when you say birth act .
Hello

Birth Act is basically the Birth Record or Registration of Birth.

Angela :)
Dopey3333

Post by Dopey3333 »

Thank you Angela. Working with Italian consulate out of Rochester NY . I have a passport with a name that was given to me , I'm guessing when I was born , then when I came to the US , my name was changed . It's been I crazy ride trying to figure this all out . I am learning things everyday on my quest to find birth mother ...
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I wish that I could help further, but I'd be way out of my depth. I've just had a reread of your story here, have been thinking about it, and find it heartwrenching. I sincerely hope you find your mother.
Angela
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

You might write to the Commune of Monterotondo, requesting your birth certificate ("estratto integrale dell'atto di nascita").

Comune di Monterotondo - Ufficio di Stato Civile
PALAZZO ORSINI IN PIAZZA FRAMMARTINO N. 4
00015 MONTEROTONDO (RM)

or

mail: demografico@comune.monterotondo.rm.it
Responsabile: sig. Attilio Palombi

However, they'll ask you to send the copy of an identity document (passport...), and, as the certificate is about a living person, you'll have to prove that the applicant and who the certificate refers to are one and the same person.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Dopey3333

Post by Dopey3333 »

Thank you very much . Will look into it ASAP!
Dopey3333

Post by Dopey3333 »

Info all sent in to the demegrafico!
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

You did an Ancestry.com DNA test?
What is your closest hit? 1st, 2nd cousins?
Going forward you will need to test someone in your family, like an uncle or someone that decends from your mother's side, to confirm the blood line.

You can also export your RAW data and move it to www.gedmatch.com for more hits.
You can also private message me for other details.
trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
JohnPCamp

Post by JohnPCamp »

Hi Linda:

My name is John Pierre Campitelli and I am also an Italian born American adoptee who was adopted in New York State and have reunited with my birth mother and father back in 1991. I was born in Turin in 1963 and came to the US on April 23, 1965. I have since helped hundreds of other Italian born adoptees with their searches in Italy were I now live and work. I am sure that we could give you a hand in locating your birth mother as we have a very lively ITALIADOPTION facebook group for this specific purpose. You are in godd company, as there were over 3,700 Italian born "orphans" that were brought to the US between 1950 and 1970.

Please fee free to look us up on facebook or send me an e-mail at JohnPCamp@aol.com

CIAO for now...

John Campitelli
adellagreca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by adellagreca »

Linda,
Just for a curiosity I checked baginebianche.it and found that there is an "Alessandro Formica" living in Monterotondo with a registered phone number. There are no registered phone numbers for Fusino in Monterotondo, but there are five, I believe, in nearby Rome. As far as Raccli is concerned, I don't believe it's a good last name. When I searched for Italy the system changed it to Racci. You have to remember that in Italy they use cellulars very much like here and that many do not register their phone number. So there may be both Formica and Fusino in Monterotondo. Since you have a passport for Formica I would use that and see what the people in the town hall (Municipio) there will tell you. By the way there are also a couple of registered phone numbers for Salvatore in Monterotondo. I think you still have several areas to explore

Good Luck and Merry Christmas

Neil
jkloos

Post by jkloos »

Hi please join DNA Detectives https://www.facebook.com/groups/DNADetectives/ on FB as well as Search squad https://www.facebook.com/groups/searchelpers/ on FB we would love to help. ALWAYS FREE
acanais92

Post by acanais92 »

Dopey3333 wrote: 08 Feb 2016, 18:29 Thank you Angela. Working with Italian consulate out of Rochester NY . I have a passport with a name that was given to me , I'm guessing when I was born , then when I came to the US assurances obsèques, my name was changed . It's been I crazy ride trying to figure this all out . I am learning things everyday on my quest to find birth mother ...
It is really praiseworthy and courageous what you do but you can also search on the internet or on genetics for example.
researching
Elite
Elite

Post by researching »

Did you find her?