Tracking down famiglia Gravina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
alfio1421

Tracking down famiglia Gravina

Postby alfio1421 » 05 Jul 2008, 23:24

I am trying to find out my ancestors in Italy. My grat grandfather was Roque Gravina, born in Gravina in Puglia and deceased in 1925 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. My great grandmother was Catalina Evangelista, also born in Gravina in Puglia and deceased on 1925. I know that the family used to have olive fields in the area, but I don't know any more about the family. I am trying to build the family tree and any information about them would be appreciated. If anyone knows a way to track them down over the net or over the records in Gravina in Puglia, please let me know.

Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Tracking down famiglia Gravina

Postby Seraphina » 06 Jul 2008, 13:43

Do you know your gr grandparents dates of birth? Have you any information from Argentina?.

On the arrivals in Buenos Aires there are 2 Rocco Gravina listed:-

arrival date 22/1/1885 from Naples, aged 27.
" " 8/12/1913 from Genoa, aged 57.

It could be the same person, therefore his year of birth would be between 1856-1858.

To apply for his birth cert, the email address of the comune of Gravina in Puglia is:

www.comune.gravina-in-puglia.ba.it

The request would have to be made in Italian. There is a translation service on Italiangenealogy site who would translate a letter of request for you.

Hope this helps.

Seraphina
England

fumggo

Re: Tracking down famiglia Gravina

Postby fumggo » 15 Sep 2008, 23:43

i am a genealogicalreserher in puglia near gravina
i give you the informatio that interest you
write me
f.muggeo@alice.it

Return to “Italian Genealogy”