Looking for any Talluto family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Looking for any Talluto family

Postby tranq905 » 04 Aug 2003, 05:48

I am looking for any members of the Talluto family to try and connect our trees. Our Tallutos came from Sicily to New Orleans. Any info would be appreciated.
tranq905

Postby ptimber » 04 Aug 2003, 14:23

There are 136 persons in Sicily surnamed tauuto over 7 provinces it is difficult to know from which town or province your family originates. You provide no information as to their arrival in the USA, their full names or year borth that makes directing you for relatives and dcouments exceedingly difficult. The best thing that I can suggest is that you go to the nearest Family History Library of the Mormon church and request micofilm of the New Orleans Passenger Lists Index for 1900-1952 under NARA #T618-20 which corresponds to the Library catalogue #1412593. The cost is moinimal and all records for arrival in those dates will show ships manifest and give you towns of birth, dates of birth and oither vital data. If any of your ancestors are deceased and died after 1963 you can go to the socialk secuirty death index at the same library of here at www.SSDI,genealogy.rootsweb.com, and request their original application. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby tranq905 » 06 Aug 2003, 02:31

Peter, thanks for the reply. Here are some names. Their Italian names are in Parenthesis. Anthony Dominick(on ship SS Liguria as Domenico) and wife Rose(Lucrezia) Saputo. He arrived on Oct. 13, 1908 at age 46 and she arrived on February 22, 1910(no age). Their children are: Louis(Luigi), Joe(Guiseppe), Sam(Salvatore), Anthony(Antonio), Mary(Maria), and Dominick(Domenico). On the ship manifest it says they are from Montelepre. I am just trying to find something further back. My husband is in the military and we are currently living outside the US, so the internet is my only tool at the moment.

Any further help you could give would be appreciated.

Sherry
tranq905

Postby ptimber » 06 Aug 2003, 04:00

The Mormon church family history libraries are worldwide. Can you find one nearest the base your husband you and reside? If not then you can write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile in Montelepre if that will help you i your quest. You can request family certificates for Anthony Dominick (Antonio Domenico Talluto(?) father whose name and age can be obtained thru Anthony Dominicks birth record. Is this what you are talking about? Perhaps you want relatives by going thru www.paginebianche.it and put in talluto in the first line and Montelepre in the third line and click Cerca. There are 4 Talluto and most likely relatives whom you can contact since this website gives you their name,adddress and telephone numbers and they can fill you in. Remember that in Italy everything hinges on the town of origin which in yur case is Montelepre..all documents, all history all folklore and relatives are in that town. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby tranq905 » 06 Aug 2003, 07:37

I do not know Anthony's father's name. Can I get his birth record from the Ufficio di Stato Civile in Montelepre?

What is a family certificate?

Sorry, I know nothing about how records are kept in Italy.

Sherry
tranq905

Postby ptimber » 06 Aug 2003, 12:52

How can you ask for a birth record without a name?? May I suggest that you purchase or borrow a book titled ITALIAN GENEALOGICAL RECORDS by Trafford R. Cole. It is very easy reading. Have you read the home page of this forum? It is very helpful and after each paragraph there are lines like>>>> click on thoise for more information. It is hard to explain things to you when you don't know what it means in a larger context of genealogy to tie it together. Please read the home page and this book and you will become an overnight expert. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby tranq905 » 06 Aug 2003, 14:59

Peter, thanks for the book tip. What I meant by the question was, do I get Anthony's birth record from the Ufficio di Stato Civile? That should show his father's name, correct?

And I will go back to the home page and read the info. I have done a lot of research on family in the states, but this is my first attempt at going outside the country.

Thanks for the advice!

Sherry
tranq905

Postby ptimber » 06 Aug 2003, 15:13

yes but you can only get it if you know his full name. peter
ptimber
Master
Master

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy