DiLorenzo, Parello, Cappabianco, Cherobina from Roccaromana

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
fredoniapeaches
Rookie
Rookie

DiLorenzo, Parello, Cappabianco, Cherobina from Roccaromana

Postby fredoniapeaches » 11 Jul 2008, 17:32

ok, so my family comes from in or around the Roccaromana area in Caserta, Campania. is there anyone out there that knows the Address of either parish in Roccaromana? I've scoured the internet...i've snail mailed people...
I've been one of the lucky ones though...I've gotten emails back from Italian Communes as well as letters...to at least tell me that they can't help me...because they do not have the information i'm looking for. so i do not know how to get in touch with either of the parishes to obtain church records.

My great great grandfather came here with his wife and two children, just before the turn of last century...then they had a bunch more kids here...she died in 1900 in child birth. then they moved to rochester, NY...and settled there with his new wife and had a bunch more kids.
My great grand mother also came from the same commune and married my great grandfather (arranged)...and then after 8 kids and several moves he left her for his mistress and had 7 more kids. fertile bunch.

my gg grandfather was Ferdinando DiLorenzo and gg grandmother was Carmela Parella. my great grandfather was Michele DiLorenzo (he was the eldest of all Fred's kids). (oh...and once they got to America they started using various incarnations of their names.)

My gg grandfather was Domenico Cappabianco (never came to America) and gg grandmother was Elvira Cherobina (also never came to america) my great grandmother was Elvira Cappabianco. she came here and briefly lived with her "aunt" Maria Deanna...but at one point on a census it is listed as her "aunt" living with her family and her name was Angelina Deanna.

any who...i want to trace them in Italy...and need at least an address of ONE of the churches in Roccoromana. any help is appreciated.

juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: DiLorenzo, Parello, Cappabianco, Cherobina from Roccarom

Postby juanminbar » 11 Jul 2008, 21:30

1 S. Cataldo in Roccaromana (CE)
indirizzo: Piazza S. Cataldo, 81050 Roccaromana (CE)
telefono:

2 S. Croce in S. Croce di Roccaromana (CE)
indirizzo: Piazza S. Croce, 81050 S. Croce di Roccaromana (CE)
telefono:

3 S. Margherita in Statigliano di Roccaromana (CE)
indirizzo: Piazza S. Margherita, 81050 Statigliano di Roccaromana (CE)
telefono:

good luck, j

fredoniapeaches
Rookie
Rookie

Re: DiLorenzo, Parello, Cappabianco, Cherobina from Roccarom

Postby fredoniapeaches » 14 Jul 2008, 11:39

thank you so much!! you absolutely rock!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”